Saturday, March 1, 2014

Welcome to my blog! If you are interested in reading mediocre writing and getting advice about running and fitness from someone who really doesn't have much knowledge in the subject, then you are in the right place! This blog will be dedicated to my experiences with running (I like to think I run a lot and I'm decent at it, but definitely not great), my observations about running, and some other random things-running book suggestions, course reviews (not great reviews)-that I can think of including.

I got into running at a pretty early age. My dad was always a runner, running numerous marathons and half marathons throughout his lifetime. When I was in Junior High and high-school, my dad was also the cross-country coach. My sport was basketball. I ate, slept, and drank basketball. I also ran cross-country, but with the sole purpose of staying in shape for basketball. Looking back, I definitely wish I would have taken it more seriously. Maybe that's why I am getting slightly obsessed with it now: I am trying to relive that part of my sporting life. Anyway, I ran cross-country and then graduated from high-school and didn't run much. In college, I turned into a gym-rat. I ate, slept, and drank lifting weights and getting as big and strong as possible (I did get pretty big and strong). Since I got married in 2008 and had my first son in 2010, all of my hard work has turned to flabby fat. In 2009 I got the crazy idea to run a half-marathon. It was the dumbest thing I could have done, at the time. Since then I have run 10 more, for a total of 11. I am running my 12th in two weeks in Boulder City, Nevada (6-tunnels half marathon).

I sincerely hope you enjoy this blog. I definitely have a passion for running and fitness and hope that through my awkward and mediocre writing, you can feel somewhat inspired to get into shape (if you aren't already) or get into better shape and achieve a new PR. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kody. I am just trying to keep up with your fitness level; I am falling behind quickly.

      Delete
  2. Blog looks great. You are amazing. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, there were so many grammatical errors in your comment, I don't even know where to start...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its to easy for you to find them because your an english teacher.

    ReplyDelete