Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Guess who's back? Back again? Ok, so nobody really missed my blog, but I'm back, nonetheless. I am sitting at my computer sipping a Diet Coke and listening to Simon and Garfunkel. This already seems like the perfect day, you ask? Well, it gets better...


I got this image in an email. It was accompanied by the following message: Our staff would like to congratulate you on being 1 of 7800 runners selected for the 2016 St. George Marathon.

Last time, 2 years ago, I was very nervous about a similar email I received, with a similar message. This time, I am ecstatic!! Already I feel much better prepared. I ran my fastest half marathon of my life just over a week ago and I have a very aggressive training plan in place.  I am extremely excited. Can you tell?

I made the determination to redeem myself after my blistering time of 4:41:00 2 years ago (hint: that was extreme sarcasm). As long as I can stick to my plan--and I think I can--I will be able to destroy that time and feel much more comfortable running it this time around.

Well, I'm out. I will update a bit more frequently (what, once every 2 years isn't frequent?) as I progress through my training.

I just realized I wrote my post about my last attempt at the St. George Marathon, but never published it. If you look directly about this post, you can read it. It is fascinating! Not really...

No comments:

Post a Comment